This event is sanctioned by and conducted under the rules and regulations of the National Dance Council of America, Inc. The NDCA Rule Book is available on line at www.ndca.org. Addtional rules that apply to this competition are listed below:
1. All competitors must purchase an admission ticket for each day that they compete. Entry fees are additional.
2. No entry may be accepted that does not include any required entry fee. Requests for refunds will only be honored up to the closing date.
3. Registration with the National Dance Council of America (NDCA) will be required for all amateur competitors - Pre-Teen, Junior, Youth and Adult (register on line at www.ndca.org ).
4. All competitors are required to check in with the competition registrar at least one hour in advance of their scheduled time to dance.
5. All competitors are required to be in the on-deck area at least 30 minutes in advance of their scheduled time to dance.
6. Competitors will be allowed to dance no more than two events in any given style, including if they dance up to another age category.
7. BYU students who only compete in BYU Class Competitions are not required to register with the NDCA.
8. The "Newcomer" and "School Syllabus" competitions are considered "student/student" events and are not required to register with the NDCA.
9. All syllabus competitions are restricted to the syllabi listed in Appendix I of the NDCA rule book. American style newcomer & syllabus events are limited to the bronze and silver American Style figures, elements and restrictions. International style syllabus events are limited to the bronze, silver, and gold International Style figures.
10. "Newcomer" competitors remain eligible for this category until they have placed in a final of any event in their age classification, provided a semi-final was danced.
11. Newcomer competitors may not enter Novice, Pre-Championship, or Championship events of any style.
12. Competitors entered in "School Syllabus" events may not enter Novice, Pre-Championship, or Championship events in the same style. This does not apply to BYU class events.
13. Elementary School competitors may dance up into the Junior High School category. Junior High School competitors may dance up into the High School category.
14. Pre-Teen, Junior, and Youth competitors may not compete in any "Newcomer" or "School Syllabus" event in the same style.
15. Age classifications appear in the NDCA rule book.
16. Proof of age may be required by the organizers in the event of a question regarding the age of a Pre-Teen, Junior, or Youth competitor.
17. The Amateur Cabaret Championship is open to competitors 18 years of age and older, provided they are no longer in High School.
18. The music for Amateur Cabaret couples may not be longer than 4:00 (no music is allowed for the entrance and exit). An additional 0:45 total time will be allowed for the couple to enter and exit the dance floor (Example: 0:20 to get on and 0:25 to get off). The timing begins when either partner steps on to the floor, and stops when the last partner steps off the floor.
19. Cabaret couple's music must be submitted in *.wav digital format on a USB Flash Drive.
20. Competitors in the Latin-American divisions must not be overly suggestive in their movements at all times while on the floor. Couples who are viewed as inappropriate will be warned once, and then will be subject to disqualification.
21. Any competitor who wears a costume deemed by the organizers to be unsuitable will be requested to change. If such request is not followed, the competitor will not be allowed to dance and their entry will be canceled. Specific costume rules are listed separately.