Below are the costume specifications for all amateur costumed events. No entry will be considered fully accepted without final costume approval. All Junior, Youth & Adult Amateur costumes of competitors in Utah should be approved by Sharon Holman (801) 623-2911 (Mobile) one week prior to the competition. All competitors must be approved no later than one hour before their event.
1. Regular cut dance trunks and fishnet hose must be worn.
2. Straps over both shoulders of at least one inch in width are required. If multiple straps go over a shoulder at least one strap must be the required one inch width from front to back. Halter tops or designs that resemble them are not permitted unless they also have the required one inch straps.
3. Lower backs must be covered with a solid fabric from a point five (5) inches above the waist line.
4. Sheer fabric may be used on the arms and the bodice in the front from the bust-line up and in the back from a point five inches above the waist. Straps are not required when colored sheer fabric is used over the shoulders.
5. Skirts may be broken or slitted from the trunk line down, but must cover the legs to mid-thigh when not in motion.
6. Skin from the front to a point several inches behind the sides (axilla-line) must be covered.
7. Cutouts and skin-tone fabric will not be allowed if deemed by the organizers to be inappropriate.
8. Unitards are not allowed.
1. Costumes appropriate to the style.
2. Latin shirts for Adult Amateur & Youth competitors may be open to a point eight inches down from the Supra Sternal Notch (Jugular Notch) .
3. Latin shirts for Junior & Pre-Teen competitors may be open down to the sternum.
4. Sheer fabric may only be worn on the arm. No sleeveless shirts.
5. No earrings allowed